Saturday, June 22, 2013

Newfound Newtonian Wisdom

Try dropping one of these at the dinner table...
Recently, my daughter asked me to help her study for her final 5th grade science test. She was having a little trouble with Newton's Laws of Motion - in particular, Law III, which states in part, "To every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction..."
She asked me for some examples.
So, I was doing my best to come up with some, but the best one I came up with I really couldn't share.
You see, I learned first hand the power of Law III when I was 9-years-old and I dropped the F-bomb at the dinner table in front of both parents.
Talk about your equal (if not superior) and opposite reactions!
Strangely, I don't think she really understood why I was so amused with this particular homework assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment